Harbour & Berthing Facilities
Inner Harbour with 100 hectares & 21 Berths,
Outer Harbour with 200 hectares water spread & 6 Berths.
The best Handling facilities
for a range of products.
Iron Ore handling facility, Coking Coal facilities, Alumina loading facility,
Petroleum, Oils and Lubricants facility & Containers handling facility with Cargo handling equipments.
The best Connectivity of port
by Railway & Roads network.
Over 200km rail length, over 30 Sidings and ~60% rail coefficient.
Over 85 Kms of road network within port limits.
Port of Visakhapatnam is one of the 13 major ports of India. It is located on the east coast, midway between Kolkata and Chennai. During the FY 2009-10 the Port handled a record quantity of 65.50 million tonnes standing 2nd among major ports and first among the east coast ports.
Visakhapatnam Port Trust Documentary
Shri Mansukh L.Mandaviya
Hon'ble Minister of State
(Independent charge) for Shipping
& Union Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers
Circulars View All
- Grant of License for Supply, Installation, Commissioning, Operation and Maintenance of 02 no’s Harbour Mobile Cranes of capacity not less then 100MT and not more then five years old from the date of first Commissioning for the period of five years in the Inner Harbour of Visakhapatnam Port – Escrew Bank Account details 08/01/2020
- Adoption safeguards / measures to prevent exploitation of Labour engaged in the BOT / PPP terminal 07/01/2020
- Recovery of wagon Damage and Deficiencies charges in respect of open wagons from handling agents on tonnage basis 17/01/2020
- General revision of Scale of Rates of Visakhapatnam Port Trust(VPT) 03/01/2020
- Repair and rehabilitation of the LPG Berth including mooring & breasting dolphins 27/12/2019
- Permissible draft working vessels at EQ3 & EQ4. 19/12/2019
- Wearing personal Protective Equipment at work sports. 19/12/2019
- Berthing of vessels at OR-I & OR-II Berths. 07/12/2019
- Accepting of actual amount of Freight. 13/12/2019
- Restrictions in movement of heavy vehicles on Sardar Valla Bhai Patel Bridge (Parallel Bridge)near the Naval Dock Yard area. 04/09/2019
Latest News View All
- 86th Port formation day 7th October 2019
- Shri Amitabh Kumar, D.G. Shipping to Visakhapatnam Port Trust on 16.08.2019
- Simulation Study
- Visit by Shri G.V.L. Narasimha Rao, Member of Parliament to VPT
- Inauguration of Medical Equipment at Govt. Victoria Hospital
- Vigilance Awareness Week Oath in Visakhapatnam Port Trust on 03.10.2019
- Hindi Month Celebrations – Inauguration in Visakhapatnam Port Trust
- Port Vigilance awareness week
- Visakhapatnam port handles 35 million tonnes of cargo