Harbour & Berthing Facilities
Inner Harbour with 100 hectares & 21 Berths,
Outer Harbour with 200 hectares water spread & 6 Berths.
The best Handling facilities
for a range of products.
Iron Ore handling facility, Coking Coal facilities, Alumina loading facility,
Petroleum, Oils and Lubricants facility & Containers handling facility with Cargo handling equipments.
The best Connectivity of port
by Railway & Roads network.
Over 200km rail length, over 30 Sidings and ~60% rail coefficient.
Over 85 Kms of road network within port limits.
Port of Visakhapatnam is one of the 13 major ports of India. It is located on the east coast, midway between Kolkata and Chennai. During the FY 2009-10 the Port handled a record quantity of 65.50 million tonnes standing 2nd among major ports and first among the east coast ports.
Visakhapatnam Port Trust Documentary
Shri Mansukh L.Mandaviya
Hon'ble Minister of State
(Independent charge) for Shipping
& Union Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers
Circulars View All
- NOTICE (Coverage of cargo stacks with Tarpaulins. This office Circular no. 1130 Dt. 24-07-2019) 12/11/2019
- Standard operating procedure for wagons & delivery of cargo. 01/11/2019
- Cargo spillages at WQ-2 Berth – Draft reduction 11/10/2019
- Extension of validity of the existing Scale of Rates of Visakhapatnam Port Trust 23/09/2019
- Operationalization of Agreement entered with State Bank of India and Visakhapatnam Port Trust for PCS 1x payments gateway 10/10/2019
- Rebate on Vessel Related Charges (VRC) for container vessels carrying Transhipment Containers 28/10/2019
- Berthing of Vessels at OR-I & OR-II 22/10/2019
- BIMSTEC CONCLAVE-2019 17/10/2019
- Dynamic and Pricing Policy-Levy of Busy Season charge Development Surcharges and congestion Charge 17/09/2019
- e-RD and e-T-RR 16/09/2019
Latest News View All
- 86th Port formation day 7th October 2019
- Shri Amitabh Kumar, D.G. Shipping to Visakhapatnam Port Trust on 16.08.2019
- Simulation Study
- Visit by Shri G.V.L. Narasimha Rao, Member of Parliament to VPT
- Inauguration of Medical Equipment at Govt. Victoria Hospital
- Vigilance Awareness Week Oath in Visakhapatnam Port Trust on 03.10.2019
- Hindi Month Celebrations – Inauguration in Visakhapatnam Port Trust
- Port Vigilance awareness week
- Visakhapatnam port handles 35 million tonnes of cargo