Harbour & Berthing Facilities
Inner Harbour with 100 hectares & 21 Berths,
Outer Harbour with 200 hectares water spread & 6 Berths.
The best Handling facilities
for a range of products.
Iron Ore handling facility, Coking Coal facilities, Alumina loading facility,
Petroleum, Oils and Lubricants facility & Containers handling facility with Cargo handling equipments.
The best Connectivity of port
by Railway & Roads network.
Over 200km rail length, over 30 Sidings and ~60% rail coefficient.
Over 85 Kms of road network within port limits.
Port of Visakhapatnam is one of the 13 major ports of India. It is located on the east coast, midway between Kolkata and Chennai. During the FY 2009-10 the Port handled a record quantity of 65.50 million tonnes standing 2nd among major ports and first among the east coast ports.
Visakhapatnam Port Trust Documentary
Shri Mansukh L.Mandaviya
Hon'ble Minister of State
(Independent charge) for Shipping
& Union Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers
Circulars View All
- CARGO – Providing opportunity to APSRTC for supply of Cargo buses for Transportation of Cargo from VPT 02/05/2020
- Royalty on Stevedoring and Shore Handling operations – Escalation 05/05/2020
- Proposal fromVPT fro charging License fee for allotment of Land for a period of not more than 11 months follwoing New land Policy Guidelines for Major Ports 2014 – TAMP approval – Escalation of SS (Revenue) rentals by 2% per Annum. 06/05/2020
- Indexation of tariff caps fixed in the upfront tariff cases under 2008 guidelines for PP Projects at the Major Port Trusts with reference to the variation in Wholesale Price Index (WPI) 29/04/2020
- Standard Operating Procedure(SOP) for sign-on and sign-off of Indian seafarers at Indian Ports and their movement for the aforesaid purpose. 23/04/2020
- Annual Escalation factor for ARR computation and computation of indexed SOR by Major Port Trusts under Tariff Policy 2018 01/05/2020
- Annual Escalation factor for ARR computation and computation of indexed SOR by Major Port Trusts under Tariff Policy 2018 30/04/2020
- Issues Relating to Force Majeure applicable in Visakhaptnam Port Trust on account of lock down to prevent spread of Novel Caronavirus (COVID-19) 24/04/2020
- Port Clearance for vessel that are sailing from anchorage without under taking cargo work 06/04/2020
- Interiam Extension of Promotional Measures pretaining to rebate in Vessel Related Charges (VRC) for container vessels. 11/04/2020
Latest News View All
- 86th Port formation day 7th October 2019
- Shri Amitabh Kumar, D.G. Shipping to Visakhapatnam Port Trust on 16.08.2019
- Simulation Study
- Visit by Shri G.V.L. Narasimha Rao, Member of Parliament to VPT
- Inauguration of Medical Equipment at Govt. Victoria Hospital
- Vigilance Awareness Week Oath in Visakhapatnam Port Trust on 03.10.2019
- Hindi Month Celebrations – Inauguration in Visakhapatnam Port Trust
- Port Vigilance awareness week
- Visakhapatnam port handles 35 million tonnes of cargo