Harbour & Berthing Facilities
Inner Harbour with 100 hectares & 21 Berths,
Outer Harbour with 200 hectares water spread & 6 Berths.
The best Handling facilities
for a range of products.
Iron Ore handling facility, Coking Coal facilities, Alumina loading facility,
Petroleum, Oils and Lubricants facility & Containers handling facility with Cargo handling equipments.
The best Connectivity of port
by Railway & Roads network.
Over 200km rail length, over 30 Sidings and ~60% rail coefficient.
Over 85 Kms of road network within port limits.
Port of Visakhapatnam is one of the 13 major ports of India. It is located on the east coast, midway between Kolkata and Chennai. During the FY 2009-10 the Port handled a record quantity of 65.50 million tonnes standing 2nd among major ports and first among the east coast ports.
Visakhapatnam Port Trust Documentary
Shri Mansukh L.Mandaviya
Hon'ble Minister of State
(Independent charge) for Shipping
& Union Minister of State for Chemical and Fertilizers
Circulars View All
- Rigging of Pilot transfer arrangements 29/07/2020
- Berthing of vessels in Inner Harbour 16/07/2020
- Railway Terminal Charges in respect of mechanically tippled Iron Ore trains at Ore Handling Plant (OHP) operated by M/s. EVTL 30/06/2020
- Concession in Railway Terminal Charges in respect of Manual Iron Ore rakes at VPT 30/06/2020
- Proposal received from Visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT) for extension of Rationalized Storage charge approved by the Authority vide Order No. TAMP/9/2019-VPT dated 24 July 2019 relating to amendment in the Storage schedule approved by Authority vide order No. TAMP/58/2008-VPT dated 11th January 2013 notifying Scale of Rates (SOR) in the name of Vizag General Cargo Berth Pvt. Ltd (VGCBPL) for mechanized handling of coking coal and steam coal at General Cargo Berth ofVPT on DBFOT basis in pursuance of the Ministry of shipping letter no. PD-13/12018-PPP cell dated 11 July 2018 04/07/2020
- Reduction of draft from 14.5m to 14.0m at EQ-9 berth of VPT 06/07/2020
- Effect of Corona Virus (CoVID-19) on port Activity and Operations Declaration of Force Majeure Clause at Visakhapatnam Port Trust. 06/07/2020
- Issues related to Lock-down on account of CoVID-19 pandemic and consequent exemption/remission on charges related to Land License fees. 30/06/2020
- Refund of amount available in Port deposit account in respect of M/s visakha Cargo Movers 01/07/2020
- Proposal received from Visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT) for extension of Rationalized storage charge approved by the Authority vide order No. TAMP.9/2019-VPT Dated.24.july 2019 04/07/2020
Latest News View All
- 86th Port formation day 7th October 2019
- Shri Amitabh Kumar, D.G. Shipping to Visakhapatnam Port Trust on 16.08.2019
- Simulation Study
- Visit by Shri G.V.L. Narasimha Rao, Member of Parliament to VPT
- Inauguration of Medical Equipment at Govt. Victoria Hospital
- Vigilance Awareness Week Oath in Visakhapatnam Port Trust on 03.10.2019
- Hindi Month Celebrations – Inauguration in Visakhapatnam Port Trust
- Port Vigilance awareness week
- Visakhapatnam port handles 35 million tonnes of cargo