• For the first in the history of Vizag Port a record EXIM cargo of 72.72 million tonnes was handled.
• VPT has accomplished 86 years in glorious service to the nation on 7th October, 2019.
• A record quantity of 8.65 million tonnes of container cargo (5.04 lakh TEUs) was handled surpassing the previous best volume of 7.96 million tonnes (4.50 lakh TEUs) in 2018-19 registering a growth of 9%.
• A record quantity of 3.86 million tonnes of Import POL Cargo was handled during the year surpassing the previous record of 2.93 Million Tonnes during 2018-19.
• An amount of Rs.100.28 crores was spent on Capital Plan schemes.
• BIMSTEC meeting of 7 countries comprising India, Nepal, Bhutan, Mynmar, Srilanka, Bangladesh & Thailand was held on 7th & 8th November, 2019.
Major projects commissioned:
• Development of multipurpose terminal by replacement of existing old and shallow berths EQ-2 to EQ-5 berths to cater 14.50 mtr. draft vessels in inner harbour with a cost of Rs.198.46 Crs. completed on 30.09.2019.
• Development of CC block pavement, compound wall and drainage system from WQ-8 to WQ- 6 at a cost of Rs.8.66 Crs. completed on 23.11.2019.
• Development of civil works for installation of container scanner at VGCB gate in port area with a cost of Rs.2.46 Crs. completed on 25.09.2019.
• Extension of CC block road from WQ-5 to WQ-4 & from WQ-1 to WQ return end with RCC guard wall and preparation of site for plantation of plants at back up area at a cost of Rs.1.64 Crs. completed on 19.09.2019.
• Providing CC block approach road from ESSAR junction to truck parking terminal gates at “Y” junction at a cost of Rs.97 lakhs completed on 30.12.2019.
Major projects sanctioned/awarded:
• Construction of Berth for International cruise terminal at channel berth area in outer harbour at a cost of Rs.51.06 Crs. sanctioned on 08.09.2019.
• Repairs and rehabilitation of existing LPG berth in the outer harbour at an estimated cost of Rs.5.91 Crs. is awarded on 23.08.2019.
• Providing Hard surfacing with precast concrete blocks of M-55 grade to the Port stack yards (West of B ramp, North of OHC) in Port area with an estimated cost of Rs.9.93 Crs. is awarded on 10.10.2019.
• Providing road connection from the end of Grade separator approach to H-7 junction with CC block pavement in port area at a cost of Rs.2.41 Crs. sanctioned on 24.01.2020.
|Berth Perticulars and Berth Occupancy||View/Download|
|Vital Port Statstics||View/Download|